Alumni Professional Development Presentation
Alumni members of Sigma Tau Delta planning to attend the 2023 “Colorful Colorado” Convention in Denver, CO, are welcome to submit a Professional Development Presentation and to earn a $300 honorarium to help defray their convention expenses.
Professional Development Panels will be held at 9:30-10:45 a.m., Thursday, March 30, and will have two to four alumni presenters in panels arranged topically; for example, alumni in arts management might be on the same panel together. No alumni presenter will be expected to present a panel entirely on their own. The Society is planning to offer ten honoraria. A panel of alumni and Chapter Advisors will select the accepted proposals based on these evaluation criteria.
For consideration, the submissions require:
- Name, email address, phone number, chapter under which you joined Sigma Tau Delta
- Title of Presentation: Due to space constraints, any title of more than 50 characters will be abbreviated in the program. 1 deposit casino nz.com Remember to count spaces as well as letters.
- Your profession and job title
- Your current resume or CV
- Abstract: Include 2 abstracts
- a 50-100 word abstract of your intended presentation to be used in the program; and
- a longer (~250 word) description of your intended presentation with some details about course work or other learning experiences that brought you to your current job.
- A bibliography of professional resources
- If you would like to invite another alumni member in the same or similar profession to partner with you in the presentation, include their full name, email, and why you would like to include them.
- Audio Visual Request: Only a limited number of rooms will be set-up with an LCD projector and screen. Therefore, only a limited number of requests for A/V will be granted. If you are requesting A/V, please include an additional paragraph stating why A/V will be a necessary component of your presentation. Include a description of what you will be projecting, such as an online demonstration, video, audio presentation, or slide deck. All presenters will have the opportunity to upload onto the event app additional documents and links to support their presentation.
After a Professional Development Proposal has been accepted, presenters will be asked to submit:
- A headshot for publicity purposes
- A suggested faculty or alumni moderator for the topic of your professional development panel
- A handout or links you would share with session participants in the event app
Submission Link and Dates
Submissions will be accepted September 6 – October 10, 2022, through Sigma Tau Delta’s AwardSpring link. Please submit using a desktop computer or laptop. Be sure to set up your account with an email address you will retain through April 2023.
Notifications will be emailed to the submitter on November 15, 2022.
Questions regarding the online submission process should be addressed to the 2023 convention staff at [email protected].