Top Ten Reasons to Come to Las Vegas!
- You know you’re brilliant, and it’s time to share that brilliance with others who will instantly recognize that genius the moment you share that well-crafted paper or creative piece.
- To be reminded that there are others in the world who get those nerdy word and literature jokes that nobody else seems to—and these people may even find those jokes hilariously funny.
- Visit the only place in the world where a Venetian gondola, the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty, and a stunning botanical garden can be seen within a few city blocks (and don’t forget to notice the volcano and great Caesar himself on the way).
- Learn at the metaphorical feet of the brilliant and generous writers Terry Tempest Williams and Michael Branch.
- Find the most creative and crafty pieces of literary-themed merchandise you’ll encounter in a single place . . . and support your fellow chapters at the same time.
- Participate in the ever-important activity of networking and professional development through attending exciting leadership and career workshops.
- Bask in and enjoy the beautiful desert sun.
- Finally have a chance to share that wonderfully awful poem you wrote last year but just couldn’t get rid of in the Bad Poetry Contest.
- Give those evaluators who are standing by to read your submissions something to do.
- Spend three days engaging with fellow language and literature lovers in sharing new and creative ideas in the urban desert landscape that awaits us in Las Vegas, NV.
2020 Convention Chair
Convention Submissions Due Monday, October 28, 5:00 p.m. CDT
- Submissions Overview
- Paper Submissions
- Roundtable Submissions
- Submissions Evaluation Criteria
- Hints for Successful Submissions